Tuesday, July 8, 2008

You can find some cool places in NYC

Natalie and I passed by a restaurant a few weeks ago that only serves peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. I thought it was a pretty cool idea until I found S'mac.

S'mac is a restaurant in my neighborghood that only serves 12 different varieties of Mac & cheese. Today I tried the Alpine
A Swiss Mac that keeps you coming back for more. Gruyere coupled with its partner in crime, slab bacon. Hard to resist!
The bacon is amazing and the fried breadcrumbs on top are quality. If any of you bums ever come visit we will have to check this place out.

Two nights ago I went out with a friend from my Desoto middle school days. I seriously have not seen him in over 10 years (behold: the magic of Facebook). We went to a few cool dive bars and I was happy to educate him a little about McSorley's; an Irish bar that is 154 years old. He beat me in some highly contested dart matches but I sense a rematch on the horizon.

1 comment: