Tuesday, May 20, 2008

I'm sooo excited...

I'm sooooooooo excited,

I'M SO SCARED!

Jesse Spano meth freakout


Yes, the rumors are true. I am moving to New York City (Brooklyn to be exact).

I am currently sitting in the Charlotte airport waiting to head to LaGuardia and enjoy my first day as a denizen of NYC. My flight was overbooked so I volunteered to wait two more hours in exchange for a round trip ticket anywhere in the lower 48. After spending 49 hours consecutively from Arequipa, Peru to Mendoza, Argentina, this seems like Heaven. The Charolette airport has more food booths than the state fair during TX/OU and I am cruising the internet on some free public wifi. I am taking suggestions on places/activities to use my free plane ticket. Chicago and San Fran seem to be in the lead currently.

Craigslist has produced some solid roommate leads and I am going to be touring a lot of apartments in Williamsburg this week. Williamsburg is the first stop over from Manhattan, and has a lot of young people and great music/bar scene. I think it will be a perfect area for me. About 5 of my top 10 favorite bands got their start here or call this area home. Some of the bands include: The National, The Hold Steady, LCD Soundsystem, TV on the Radio, Ratatat, The Rapture, and Clap Your Hands Say Yeah. Please for the love of Vince Young buy Boxer and Alligator by The National. This band is as good as it gets.

2 comments:

Dezzy Lou Where Are You said...

What an adventurer you are!
I added your blog to my favorites, come read mine anytime!

Unknown said...

Please come drink with JCole and I this week.

We get in on Thursday.